Friday, October 28, 2011

Spoiling Myself



As much as I can,I try to live a simple life. I used to be very complicated, but I got tootired. I tried to escape from too much stress and exhaustion.

How?

1. Switching off mymobile phone.
It is very stressful hearing my phone beeps in the middle of agood night’s sleep. Unless it’s really necessary, I try at least to switch mymobile phone so I can have an undisrupted sleep. I used to receive severalphone calls while sleeping. If you’re an iPhone user, if you don’t want toanswer the call, just click the button on top and that’s it. The caller on theother line would still continue to hear your phone ringing, but on your end,you’re no longer hearing anything. Brilliant!


2. Keeping a journal.
There are timeswhen I can’t release my emotions to anyone. Therefore, writing on my planner isthe best alternative to express my thoughts.


3. Keeping my facial moisturizer in thefridge.
Ahhhh, the best! After washing my face, I put a cold moisturizer on it.It’s a winning combo! Trust me! J I used to have a very “nakakahiyang fes” because of pimples andthe marks left behind. I’ve been doing this for years now and I must say thatit’s really effective. It relaxes my face.


4. Getting eight hours of sleep.
I’m nota party girl. I seldom go out. But I spend most of my time doing ads andprojects. If you’re a party girl, try at least to pass for one weekend. Lack ofsleep often means crankiness the following day. Trouble sleeping? Turn off thewifi at home and your mobile phone, drink hot milk, or read. It’s effective!That’s what I do. J I used to take Sleepasil before but Istopped when I noticed that I was already becoming dependent.


5. Movie marathon.
I download movies andTV series from the internet. (I know, downloading from the net is a form ofpiracy.


6. Bonding with my girlfriends.
Sometimes, a few minutes with my girls is all I need to get out of a rut. Oncein a while, we pig out, coffee and movie dates, and catch up. If we can’t meet,we flood twitter!


7. Spoiling my nails.
I love foot spa, nailart, manicure and pedicure. Need I say more?


8. Hibernating in my pajamas.
Bruno Mars’The Lazy Song would best explain this. Locking alone inside my room makes mefeel all is right with the world. I feel at peace.


9. Learning to say “NO”.
This has been mylong-time problem. Come 2011, I somehow managed it. Sometimes, I takeassignments and responsibilities I can’t handle. What’s the reason? I’m too shyto decline. After learning to say no, I feel less stress and pressure.


10. No to nicotine.
Aside from eating, I don’t have any vices. Enough said. J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...