Friday, October 28, 2011

Resto Review: Marché

Marché is a restaurant located in Singapore which offers typical Swiss recipes in an authentic Swiss backdrop.


One thing you have to remember though, photography is not allowed in this restaurant. However, I was still able to capture some patakas shots. Hehe. Upon entering, I was holding my DSLR so one of the crew reminded me that photography is not allowed. They even have posters at the entrance reminding their customers that they cannot take photos.





The place is really lovely and charming I must say. It has a marketplace concept. It gives the feel of alfresco dining even though you’re dining indoor.There are fresh food stalls inside the restaurant and you are given a card upon entering. They practice  “cashless” system, where every diner is given a card that records the purchase for each item ordered. Hand it over to the chef at whichever counter you intend to order food from. Don't ever misplace/lose your card! People who lose the card would incur a $100 fine. That's around Php3,500!


What you will find here is predominantly European. Having a professional chef boyfriend with an "educated tongue" who's into European cuisine, he is so familiar with all the dishes served in Marché. Like this one, which I ordered, Marché’s signature dish - Rosti, a food made from potatoes. P knows how to make one. I even asked him to make one for me! Lucky me! (I know, right?!)




I had the Rosti with beef sausage. Cooked al dente! Sour cream was given in such a generous portion. Starch junkies will be satisfied here.


As you near the end of the queue, there's a handwritten board that shows today's specials.



We have, what else - our absolute favorite! P ordered this one - savory crepes with a mushroom and vegetable filling with a yummy creamy sauce! Nakiagaw ako sa food niya sa sarap!



Not only does Marché boast delicious European food that is prepared on the spot, they also guarantee their vegetables to be fresh and healthily cooked! Since they offer European dishes, expect what? A pizza!



Look at this uber cute Root Beer bottle! It looks like a medicine bottle!


This calamari tastes fine. Nothing special though. My recipe tastes even better. Hahaha! Swear!


I wanna go back and eat more! Let me work harder first!


VivoCity
1 Harbourfront Walk
#03-14 Singapore 098585
Tel: +65 6376 8226


313@Somerset
313 Orchard Road #01-39/46
Singapore 238895
Tel: +65 6834 4041


For the record, I loved this place! Happy eating!

PS. You might be wondering now why the pictures have watermark of a different blog site. No worries! That's my old blog site! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...