Saturday, October 1, 2011

Lesson for the Day: "Stuff" or "Stuffs"

I know madaming makakarelate dito. I decided to write this blog post about words that retain its form mapa-plural o mapa-singular man. Dahil gusto ko na maibahagi ang aking munting nalalaman. But in reality, okay sana na makatulong ang blog post na ito na ma-i-correct yung mga pwede namang i-correct, in a nice way syempre :)


I'm not an expert. I'm not a grammar saint. I'm not an English major. I make mistakes. Simpleng mamamayan lamang po. Bear with me na lang. Shall we start?


Aminin, madami sa atin ang madalas na gumagamit ng salitang "stuff" at ginagawang "stuffS sa pag aakalang ito ang plural form neto. (Raises hand! But when I was young!) Wrong! They have the same form for singular and plural. The word is uncountable and has no plural. Same goes with:

  • bread, 
  • tea
  • cheese
  • jam
  • soup
  • soap
  • snow
  • cotton
  • wood
  • water
  • information
  • advice
  • knowledge
  • furniture
  • fish
  • food
  • offspring


Kuha mo?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...