Sunday, October 2, 2011

Going Back: My 5th Month Thoughts


I stumbled upon this card which I made for P while I was cleaning my closet today. This letter is 2 years and 6 months old now. Funny thing though, it still applies! Let me share it to you :)

•••

After 5 months of being in this long distance, I finally learned that there's no point being upset cause it's only going to make things worse.

I was on the verge of giving up so many times that I couldn't even keep count how many times I told him I wanted to take a break anymore. But if there's one thing I really admire about him, it's his patience. He never gave up.

Everytime I was difficult, he held on to me harder instead. Everytime I threw bitchfits, he pulled me closer. I guess with all his patience and with my perseverance of trying to make this work, we made it through our first year.

He trusted me a lot so I had my freedom to go out with my friends often. Truth is, I never really trusted him enough then but I just pretended I did so I wouldn't upset him. I think, the main things that made things work were patience, lots of trust, lots and lots of communication (I think we tried to talk at least once a day), loyalty of course and err... Love. WTF! So corny. Haha :)

The one and only good thing about LDR is the moment when we'll meet again after a long time apart. I woudn't say that all the sweat and tears and anger is worth it but it's almost worth it. I could not imagine us in the airport. A hug that would feel weird... Holding hands even weirder.

Frankly, if you ask me if this is hard, yeah, fucking hell yeah! It's the hardest thing I'll ever have to do. LDR to me is always about fighting and making up and fighting and making up and repeat cycle. But if I have to do this for a few more years before I get an entire lifetime with someone I want to be with forever, I'd sign up to do it again and again.

So before you decide to go on a LDR with someone, you have to decide if that person is someone you can see yourself with next time. If the answer is yes, you cab do it I'm sure. Don't ever let LDR get in the way because it's not worth losing something as important as that.

Just throw in some patience, perseverance, trust, try to talk everyday and tell each other how your day has been (This gets tedious after some time. Everyday it's just "Babe, what did you do today?" blahblablah but at least, I know what's going on in his life.) and you must talk things out if you feel upset about something. I think those are the secrets to a successful LDR.

I guess no one can be truly good at this. It's just a matter of how we hold on against all odds and to never give up.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...